Wednesday, July 20, 2016

BREAKTIME!!!


So with a tight schedule this weekend that included a performance and with two late business meetings on Monday and Tuesday, I was unable to make it to the gym. I know what you're thinking "ok Mrs. Excuses." Listen, I get to the gym at 7am every morning and one thing I will not do is sacrifice my workout's endurance and strength just to tell myself  "I went" and in fact, I honestly believe thay the rest did me some good. Upon my return today, I felt energetic and was able to increase my weights from 15lbs to 17.5lbs and 10lbs. to 12.5lbs. Aside from that, I looked at my physique and either my mind is playing tricks on me or I am actually getting much leaner. I decided to read up on why this was and came across an article titled "Take a Break" by Chris Zaino on one of my favorite fitness sites BodyBuilding.com.



Image credit to Bodybuilding.com


He goes into explain the importance of "RECOVERY." He discusses the importance of recovering not only physically but mentally as well, not to mention the break that your nervous system needs to take. "Even though we take days off from the gym a couple times a week, after weeks and weeks of pounding our bodies, we may require more than one or two days." Ahhh, so then there IS a difference. I never imagined that a week off or close to it would be so rewarding and you know what, it was. If you have been killing yourself at the gym, relax a bit. Do not deprive your body of the much needed rest time that you and it deserves.
 

 

For more information on recovery and its importance, copy and paste this link to your URL: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/zaino4.htm


Before I go, I just want to say how happy and great I have been feeling about myself. My recent lifestyle change has not only been great for the way my body is looking but for my shows. Even my husband is noticing. I have been performing since a child but this past Saturday, I had power, stamina, strength and my words were as clear as ever. Many asked how I had so much energy. I said "I'm now dedicated to my body." See for yourself...


 Enjoy the rest of your week and HAPPY HUMP DAY!

DAYS LEFT: 


To life, to health, to fitness, to the NEW You,



Steph A.K.A. Mzs. Stiletto

No comments:

Post a Comment