Monday, August 8, 2016

JUDGEMENT DAY!!!


If you have been staying on top of my previous posts for the past couple of weeks, you'll know that I had a wedding to attend and prepare for. As part of my preparation, I gave myself a 42 Day No Drinking Challenge which would come to an end on the wedding date of August 4th. One of the primary reasons was so that I would be able to get into a beautiful electric blue dress being made by my seamstress. Aside from that, I wanted to know how this hardcore drinker could get through what she knew would be a difficult challenge. How'd I do? FANTASTIC!






The first couple of days were a little bit intimidating, especially on the week I had friends from out of town paying us a visit. However, as time went on, as my clothing became loose, and as I noticed an immense increase in my strength during workouts, the easier it was to say ‘No to Drinks.' I truly thought that I would not have been able to get through this challenge but you know what? I survived and with zero problems. There was no greater feeling than the one I had each and every time I met with my seamstress for fittings and she would have to continue taking the dress in. Finally, the day of my final, she gave me the end results and advised that I had come down a total of 6 INCHES!!! My start was 35 inches at the waist and my end, 30. Aside from that, I dropped 5% of Body Fat. Incredible.

Special thanks to Rosa for my incredible dress.





I will not sit here and type away lies that the non-drinking was the only reason I had come down. I must give credit to my exceptional training, clean eating and, of course, determination. It was not only the smile on my face as I fit into my dress with no problem that has now driven and motivated me to go even further, but much rather that of my proud husband’s as I walked through the wedding garden while he waited by his favorite place, the bar. I am thankful not for having completed the mission, but for having been able to recognize that alcohol shall no longer consume my life. It’s funny because after I had my first drink I was not even jumping for joy, I was more like “no big deal.” Life is just that way, when you do not have something for so long, you kinda stop missing it altogether. But still, you know that first sip brought a tingly feeling to my lips and smirk at the face...

FIRST DRINKY DRINK...CHEERS!!





All in all, my weekend was great. Not only did we celebrate love with the wedding, our 6th year wedding anniversary (really on the 13th but we skipped town early to Naples), but I celebrated the reward of great health and winning a challenge. I know I normally post pictures in between paragraphs but not today. Today I give you a straight story book with descriptions back to back of last week’s events, pictures of Mr. & Mrs. Garb, my dashing hubby, surprises he gave me for our anniversary and more…

Back off ladies. He's allllll mine! Thanks to Mens Warehouse for makin' him shine!


Hair color and application by Annie from Styles of Beauty.
www.styleseat.com/stylesofbeauty (Tell them I sent you.)

Wedding day styling by Vanity by Vanessa
@vanitybyvanessa13


THE GORGEOUS BRIDE & HANDSOME GROOM!!! Thanks for having us guys!!


A heartfelt thank you for making our 6th year wedding anniversary so incredible. Words cannot express how surprised I was.






To see him smile is to make my heart race a hundred miles per second...



Oysters!!!

Just because you're on a staycation, doesn't mean you give up...







Want to challenge yourself? Go ahead. Might be the best test you’ll ever take. Beat yourself at your own game, the rewards will be grand. I promise. And who knows, you might get treated to a spa day like I did for the hard work...

Thanks to Jennifer from Naples Grand Beach Resort for the incredible Swedish massage...


To life, to health, to fitness, to the NEW You,

Steph A.K.A. Mzs. Stiletto



No comments:

Post a Comment