Wednesday, July 6, 2016

4TH OF JULY WEEKEND RUNDOWN



 

I know I'm two days behind with my post and not because I ran out of content but because, well basically, I had the weekend from hell!!!! I sure hope you all had a joyous, festive and relaxing weekend because I most certainly did not. It all started out on Thursday evening when I became consumed with lower back pain. By Friday morning, I was vomiting with severe cramping and constipation. I became worried because I had not one, but two shows that evening and the uncertainty of whether or not I was going to pull through played with my emotions for the entire work day. Like the champ that I am, I did everything possible to make the first show a success and well the second one was a flop because of the promoter but that's beside the point. One thing that remained was the excruciating pain I was going through. The Gas-X wasn't being very affective and when it comes to pain, I am quite the bit of a pansy. I wasn't getting any better and I already accepted the fact that my 4th of July weekend would mainly be spent home.
 
 

By Saturday morning I was at CVS stocking up on some meds, prune juice (ewwww), soup and Miralax. I ran home with the hope that this would all save the weekend, boy was I wrong. Miralax, thank you for royally destroying my fun time. I was stuck in the bathroom literally from Saturday all the way through Tuesday. I couldn't understand what it was that had gotten me to this point. Was it too much protein shakes, was it the change in my diet, was it that maybe I was expecting? So many thoughts ran through my mind.

So the weekend came and went but my cramping, nausea and daily runs remained. Sorry to sound grotesque but I am not going to sit here and sugarcoat anything that I went through this weekend. My poor husband had to deal with it and the only thing I looked up to was the fact that I got new furniture and was able to select a new color palette for my bedroom. So hey, at least I had that joyous occasion.
 

Finally by Tuesday I went into work with cramps and all but I did make the decision to call the doctor. His recommendations were that I go to the ER. So after a 7 hour wait time, people must've had a great weekend, blood work, a CT scan and a urine test, I got the results... "You're not pregnant but you do have a stomach virus." All that and that's the best they could tell me. I will admit that the IV got me a bit more hydrated and helped with the cramps so I guess the hospital visit was helpful and I am glad it wasn't something more serious. Besides, I got to enjoy the extremely good looking staff at Kendall Regional Medical Center. I guess headshots are required in order to be considered for employment. All I can say after my rough weekend is this, nutrition is soooo important. Staying balanced and really watching what you put into your mouth. Sometimes we think, "oh hey this can't be that bad" and in reality it is the worst thing you can have. I believe that the protein shake I had been taking may have bared some responsibility to my feeling ill but for the most part I blame myself for not taking the proper precautions and listening to my body when I had mild cramping the week before. Either way, lesson well learned.

So that was my weekend in nutshell. I am glad you all had a great one and hopefully my Labor Day will be better spent. But hey, I will say this, I did have two great things that happened, 1. A HUGE announcement will be made with regards to major changes in TASTE Ladies and a big addition and 2. I was introduced to Niykee Heaton!! Thanks to her music, I survived the weekend!! And can we PRAISE her body!!!

 


Oh and by the way...

DAYS LEFT:
 

To life, to health, to fitness, to the NEW You,



Steph A.K.A. Mzs. Stiletto

No comments:

Post a Comment