Monday, July 11, 2016

"CARBS...THE CURE TO CONSTIPATION"


 
Don't be shy, we've all had it. That aching pain in your stomach and dealing with the uncomfortable feeling of not being able to go to the bathroom, CONSTIPATON. If you read my post last week, you'll remember me writing about how my 4th of July weekend was completely destroyed because of it. I tried everything in the sky to cure me of my torment, prune juice, lemon ginger tea, Gas-X, Miralax, damn it, I even went to the ER and had an IV stuck in me. Not to say that the IV didn't help, it assisted a ton, and I must say that the tea did soothe the cramping, however, in the end, I feel that what really got the job done were the carbs.
 

 
 

NOOO!! Not the ones photographed above, the healthy ones.

I am a huge pasta, potato, and of course, BREAD lover. However, since I've been watching the tummy, I've cut down...A LOT. Yet, last week, it was the only thing that helped me with my constipation. I didn't go crazy, I had some slices of my absolute favorite, Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bread.

 

I was introduced to it last year by a good friend of mine and fellow Fit Queen, Aimee. I let her know how getting rid of bread was the hardest thing to do for me and she told me about Ezekiel and how I could basically use it as an scapegoat. No, you can't overdo it, however, one slice is only 80 calories and it is low in fat. Well I ran out to Publix, got me some Ezekiel, and long behold, I am back to my regular self. Again, I am not saying that the above-mentioned remedies had nothing to do with my healing process, however, I strongly believe that what really got me going, no pun intended, were the carbs. I was able to enjoy my weekend with great friends, still no drinking, and had no tummy issues. Ahhhh, the pleasure. So if you're ever feeling uneasy, a lil, well you know, stuck, call up the carbs, the good ones at least. They might in the end be the ones to get you out of a tight jam and get you going from this...

 


TO this...

 

pun EXTREMELY intended.

 

Well enjoy your week and I sure hope the information was useless because let's face it, it ain't no secret that we all get stuck in a rut sometimes. Before I go...

DAYS LEFT: (Think my numbers may have been off last week...Oops)

 

To life, to health, to fitness, to the NEW You,



Steph A.K.A. Mzs. Stiletto

No comments:

Post a Comment