Monday, August 29, 2016

"TAYLOR MADE"


So since I last posted, my six year anniversary and 34th birthday came and went. Both events in my life were incredible and I will admit that I was completely spoiled. I thank anyone and everyone that came out with my husband and I to celebrate love and my 34 years of existence. In addition to those festivities, last Wednesday I attended an event called "Dance Now Think Later." I and other daring dance buffs took part in a dance revolution at Inhale Miami that began at 6am. I honestly was not sure how the turnout would be and if I myself would make it being that I was under the weather but I began to feel highly motivated as I pulled up and noticed a great amount of energetic individuals ready to take the dance floor with full enthusiasm. Prior to commencing, my good friend and student who had invited me out, Liza Pitsirilos, had us loosen up to soothing meditation music. At first I was a bit shy but after realizing how carefree everyone else became, I quickly joined in on the fun. Aside from being able to let go at this amazing morning dance party, I was even more driven by the fact that all proceeds went out to benefit children of Miami and South Africa. Special thanks to Liza for the great challenge, the incredible vendors and to all my dancing peers who without knowing motivated me to rise n shine n DANCE!

Now onto discuss who really had me going this morning at the gym... TEYANA TAYLOR! Many of you may not have been familiar with who she was until her appearance last night in Kanye West's latest music video for his song "Fade" but I myself have been acquainted with her since she appeared in MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" approximately 9 years ago.

 

She is not only an impeccable singer/dancer/all-around performer but I have always been captured by her incredibly defined and fit form in particularly when she graced Vibe Vixen magazine with a Janet Jackson inspired look.

 

With abs of steel that could basically break knuckles if a punch at them was attempted, Ms. Taylor has always and forever had my full attention. Although I knew what she was working with, I was still shocked when I saw her at full throttle giving us All Those Abs and such an electrifying Flashdance moment in the "Fade" video. For years I have been waiting for people to recognize her talent and I think Kanye providing us with a "Sit n Wait For It" moment was done oh so right in EVERY single way. Oh and did I mention that she gave birth less than a year ago?!!!
 
 

Shout out to her boo thang NBA player, Iman Shumpert

All in all, if this does not motivate you to get in HIGH gear and work your bums off, I do not know what will. As for me, I'm staying consistent with my workouts, eating well and back on my zero alcohol phase so I can be "Taylor Made." What's the reward at the end of the finish line? Oh just, well, THIS...
 
 

To life, to health, to fitness, to the NEW You,

Steph A.K.A. Mzs. Stiletto

 

No comments:

Post a Comment